Access through proxy [SOLVED]

Hello!

I have a strange problem with this forum when trying to open topics at my work. I can see the list of topics, but when trying to open a topic, I get an error “Sorry, we couldn’t load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.” So, it persists and just wanted you to know… :wink:

We are connecting to the internet through a proxy in another EU country so probably that confuses the forum SW somehow. Is there any hope for this to be fixed?

Cheers, Janne M.

Hi @jannemm going through a proxy here at work and now issues at all, same for my iphone and at home, does anyone else have issues ?

Anonymous proxies seem to have difficulties
i.e.
https://proxy-nl.hide.me/go.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffiveninjas.com%2F&b=4&f=norefer works ok but
not the Forum links

Well, I don’t know what kind of proxy we are using but every site seems to think that we are in Germany, while we are actually in Finland… At least all the google ads are in German.

I looked from the developer panel of IE and the json request gets HTTP 500 error, don’t know if it’s of help. I can look for user profiles and categories, but not individual topics.

I have this issue also at work via a proxy but can access fine via other methods

But seems I can access some posts but not others? Odd! Not sure if this is down to how they were posted?

ERROR – “Sorry, we couldn’t load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know”

I cant access the below posts but everything else is fine?
Post Christmas update?
Production Update and news for Remote-only backers. [Taken from Kickstarter]
Delivery of Slice
Kickstarter Projects

STRANGE!

Sometimes proxies are blocked because to the server it looks like an attack, I don’t know if this is the case with this server but generally that’s what the problem is.

I managed to connect to all posts.
I modified the cookie settings to allow all and works fine. (not recommended)

So it’s a IE thing. Noticed as was running a Citrix IE session and worked

Wow, the problem has vanished. Perhaps they changed something in our company’s proxy settings or something else. Still using IE, the same version even…

• Janne M.