There are massive assumptions being made of user knowledge in that article. It just links to an add on which is pretty cryptic to use.
There are currently no buttons mapped on the Slice remote which move to next music track, or skip back to the start of the current track. Both RW/FF buttons and the fwd/back arrow buttons just move through the track, not skip.
So, I installed the keymap editor.
First screen, simple (edit/reset/save). Hit edit.
Next, "Select Window to manage shortcuts".
- What "window" do I change for the remote? Or is this to do with the functions? Where to I work this out? There are loads of options (Global/Fullscreen video/Fullscreen live tv, Home, programs etc).
- I'm assuming I need Music OSD? (but I actually have no idea!)
Next is more options (Nav, Playback)
- Not sure which does what here, so going with Playback
Play back has options in it that I though would be mapped but aren't (Play and pause for example? Or perhaps they are on a default you can't see here?)
- There is next and previous, which I'm assuming they are the ones I want.
- edit on them and I seem to be able to use the remote to assign a button
Save my changes.
Head back to the track.... and pressing my newly assigned next track button fast forwards instead.
I've no idea how to work out which is the right "window" to use, beyond going them loasd of them and changing them, but will I then accidentally overwrite commands I need?